We Found some Amazing Vintage Photos Of Beirut
Scouring the internet for some old photos of Beirut has become a hobby for most of our staff. Here are a few photos all taken from the Charles W. Cushman Photograph Collection at the Indiana University Archives.
1. Raouche in the 60s, speedos, and cleanliness.
2. The trendy Excelsior Hotel pool.
3. Street vendors by St. Georges.
4. The heavily French-influenced architecture.
5. Beach fun.
6. Parliament Square.
7. Parents take their kids out.
8. School boys.
9. The tram runs past Parliament Square.
10. The caption on this one reads, "Fisherman on mossy rocks.”